Saturday, January 16, 2010

2010 Pricing

I was going to make this post after my last 2009 shoot was edited and up. BUT I have gotten a LOT in inquiries for pictures in the last 5 days so I thought I'd better just get this up and out for everyone to see!

A few changes for me.
1. I don't do extended families. There are a few exceptions. But overall, I don't. I find them too much work and not something I really enjoy. I find them hard to be artistic when there are 15+ people in the picture (and half are kids).

2. I am booking less stuff per month which means I will fill up faster. I was too busy last summer having at least one wedding every weekend plus 2-3 family shoots during the week. I am a stay at home mom first. With a little fun thing of taking pictures on the side. Perhaps when my kids are bigger that will change but for now I am booking less sessions. So if you are thinking of having me take your pictures, email me and tell me you are planning on it and about when so that you can be one of the sessions!!

3. I am adding Graphic Design of invitations, announcements and other things. (see down at the bottom of this post for more info!)


2010 Pricing
I want photography to be affordable for everyone. I always give out DVDs of the pictures and I will still do that.

Maternity $150
Newborn $150
Maternity plus Newborn: $250

Families $200
Individual Mini Session (45 minutes) $75
Grad Portraits (45 minutes) $75
Engagement Sessions: $150

Weddings:
Option A: Two - Four hours of shooting on wedding day and complimentary engagement shoot $600
Option B: Four - Eight hours of shooting on wedding day and complimentary engagement shoot :$1000
Option C: Two photographers all day shooting on wedding day and complimentary engagement shoot: $2500
Any additional time is $100 a hour.
Travel cost to anywhere besides Southern Alberta will be added.


Option C is one photographer with the groom and one with the bride. We spend the day with you, both taking pictures all day. You get twice as many photos from two different view shots. My partner for this is my brother Sean. www.threecows.blogspot.com

If I could tell you which to pick for the wedding I would say C. You get so much more. Two points of view. And we work really really well together. I love doing weddings with Sean.

But I understand that a lot people can't afford that. Which is why I have option A and B.


Graphic Design:
I have decided to offer invitations as well!! I'll be putting up some examples of wedding invites, baby shower invites and announcements. My college diploma is actually in that :)

Costs:
Wedding Invitations: $25

You email me your color choices & photo(s) and I will give you three choices of designs. We can tweek and make a few changes to them to make them exactly how you want them.

Baby Announcements: $15

You email me your color choices & photo(s) and I will give you three choices of designs. We can tweek and make a few changes to them to make them exactly how you want them.

Invitations of any other kind: $15

You email me your color choices & photo(s) and I will give you three choices of designs. We can tweek and make a few changes to them to make them exactly how you want them.

Anyone who has questions about any of this, I'd love you to email me and ask me!
I won't bite! :) I want photography to be affordable for everyone.

No comments: